Tuesday, June 28

Lemon Batidooooooooooo


I am sooo happy, yesterday we had great weather and I was able to go to the beach! Enjoying the warmth of the sun on my skin and the freshness of the cold sea. Unfortunately, today, the weather made a 180.... Rain, thunder, cold winds everything all at once. That  is how summer feels like in the Netherlands. But it makes you appreciate the sun more as well.

However, I like to be a little bit longer in this vibe called summer so I invited the sun into my house with this nice cold fresh drink. While  I was living on Aruba I drank this a lot. It is called a batido and here is how you make it.

For 1 tall glass:

1 lime, cut in 2-3 pieces
2-3 table spoons of cane sugar, depending how sweet/sour you like it
a splash of water
a glass full of ice cubes

Put all the ingredients in a blender, which is able to crush ice, and then pour the mixture in a sieve. Push it through the sieve with a spoon.... for decoration put a slice of lime on the rim, some nice straws and ready is your summer-in-a-glass!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment